If you have a question that is not covered in these FAQs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to add to, and update these FAQs up to the event, so check back often!
- You agree to complete an Event Survey – a link will be emailed to you within a few days after the event. The information will greatly help us to design the event for 2022.
- You agree that your image or comments may be used for future promotional purposes.
- You agree to having some FUN while learning!
- View the complete Terms & Conditions here
Yes, time has been built in for this either during or after each presentation. Depending on the speaker, questions may be taken either live through the microphone, or via questions submitted via the Zoom Chat feature.
Yes, a 15-20 minute break is scheduled after every 60-minute session. Small group networking opportunities will be available. Quick 1-2 minute “Energizers” are also scheduled at the beginning of each session.
We know that traveling to a conference isn’t just about the great content, you want the possibility to make great connections too. This reception helps get the ball rolling there. Plus, if you feel a bit nervous about Zoom or aren’t familiar with all the features, then attending the Kick-Off is essential! Because on Friday night (and briefly again on Saturday morning), Robbie Samuels (our Virtual Event Design Consultant) will be there to go over all that so you can test out the features you’ll need to know to fully experience our event. And an important element for networking is going to be the way we use Zoom’s Breakout Rooms. You’ll get to experience this on Friday night so you’ll know what to expect. Also, this is the first time you can have some virtual “hallway” moments and make some new friends before we start on Saturday.
Friday Night is for everyone…..why?
Cuz we’ll be giving away some PRIZES!!
Once again, we have contracted with virtual networking expert, Robbie Samuels. Robbie is a Virtual Event Design Consultant and will be with us for the entire event. He’ll be using Zoom Breakout Rooms to create small group discussions during the receptions, some sessions, and some breaks (so you can experience those serendipitous “hallway” moments). With his guidance, we planned an event that will avoid ‘Zoom Fatigue’ through a combination of highly relevant content and interactive sessions, plus lots of opportunities to network with fellow attendees.
Well, for one thing, during the After Party is when Bill/Notary Coach will draw all the remaining prizes from his fabulous Virtual Prize Wheel – Don’t miss the excitement!
It’s also where you can unwind and relax, and talk to some of your new friends and colleagues. We’ll set you up in small groups to network and talk about the steps you can’t wait to put into action to grow your business.
It will be shipped to you, many will ship directly from Amazon. Be sure that you have entered an accurate shipping address if different from your billing address when you purchase(ed) your ticket. This is the address that will be used. If you did not enter your accurate shipping address, email Kerri@KerriMarvelServices.com.
All attendee names will be preloaded into an electronic Prize Wheel. Throughout the day, Bill will choose a Prize, then spin the Prize Wheel. The winner is announced then and there – Last year, we had about two dozen prizes. Attendees can only win once.
Bill Soroka of Notary Coach, our Prize Sponsor, will be drawing names from his amazing prize wheel – All are designed to help you run or grow your business.
We do not yet know exactly what the Prizes for 2021 will be, but as an example, below is the list of prizes for 2020:
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8″ 32GB Black Tablet (#2)
Acer Aspire 5 15.6″ Full HD Thin Laptop
Katee Crazy Horse Leather Briefcase (#1)
Katee Crazy Horse Leather Briefcase (#2)
Brother Super High Yield Toner TN880 (12k pages) (#1)
Brother Super High Yield Toner TN880 (12k pages) (#2)
Kindle “Paper White” Waterproof
Fujitsu Snap IX 1500 Scanner
Case of Legal Paper (#1)
Case of 60 Blue Pens – TUL, Med-pt
70-sheet Auto-Feed Shredder (#1)
70-sheet Auto-Feed Shredder (#2)
Wireless Charging Pad
Sign and Thrive Course/Lifetime Membership
In addition, other sponsors offered up the following to the Prize Wheel:
Email Kerri@KerriMarvelServices.com stating you are unable to attend.
Refund amounts as follows:
50% of price paid if a Welcome Packet was shipped to you.
For those who did not receive a Welcome Packet, a processing fee of $10 will be deducted from price paid.
If you accidentally purchased double tickets, obviously we would refund the full price of the second ticket.
No refunds given after November 2.
All times are PT = Pacific Time
Doors open at 7:45 am and we’ll start promptly at 8 am.
If you get there early, you’ll enter the ‘waiting room’ and can listen to the music while checking your Zoom link works, you changed your Zoom display name (to First and Last Name, City, State) and just generally get settled in.
If you are a little nervous about using all the features of Zoom, we highly recommend participating in the Kick-Off Event on Friday Night (the night before). Robbie (our Virtual Event Design Consultant) will be there to show everyone the ropes, as well as it being a mixer to meet and greet!
(updated 7/15/2021 – this may be updated again)
Last year we didn’t end up using individual Zoom registrations. Instead, we used an “Event Dashboard”. Clicking on the link within the Dashboard took you into the Zoom meeting (access to Friday night, Saturday day, and the After Party will all be in this Dashboard, as well as an Agenda for the day). To get access to this Event Dashboard, we emailed a group email to all attendees three times.
We will use the same method this year. GROUP EMAILS with the Event Dashboard link will be emailed to all registered attendees three times, as follows:
- Wednesday, Nov 3 at 4pm (Pacific time)
- Friday, Nov 5 at Noon (Pacific time)
- Saturday, Nov 6 at 7am (Pacific time)
On Friday night (or Saturday morning, if you can’t join us the night before), when you first click on the Zoom link, you will need to enter your name and email as verification as a registered attendee.
If you do not receive the email on WEDNESDAY (to the email address you used at registration), contact Kerri at email@example.com – Thursday is a good day for this as we’ll be busy on Friday, and even busier on Saturday morning.
If you are not strong on Zoom, on technology in general, or just want to know how it will all work, we hope you can join us for the Kickoff Event on Friday night. This event is to network, win prizes, and to check that your equipment is working properly. In essence, to KICK IT OFF!
We strongly recommend updating your Zoom software on the device you’ll use to access Symposium 2021. You can google how to update your software, but also, we will include a download link for this in upcoming group emails.
Watch future emails from Notary Symposium for further valuable instructions.
Please take into account any time zone differences based on your location. All times given are Pacific time.
Multiple tickets will not be sold as each attendee must provide their own unique email AND mailing addresses. Your unique Zoom link is tied to one specific email, one purchase per email address.
However, if you do purchase a ticket for someone else, be sure to enter their email, and their shipping address while completing the transaction; then advise Kerri Marvel via email to verify we have the information correctly. Thank you.
Use the Purchase link on the home page or just go to the Buy Tickets page, of this website and make your purchase using a credit card.
BE SURE when completing your purchase that you uncheck the box for different shipping address if applicable. The shipping address is what we’ll use for shipping your Welcome Packet, and any Prizes to Winners.
BE SURE you enter the email address you want all Symposium email communications about the event to go to, AS WELL AS where your unique Zoom link should be delivered for access to the event.
Sales open on 7/18/2021, and are expected to end November 3, or until Sold Out.
- Join Zoom via a desktop or laptop computer instead of a phone or tablet, so that you have a bigger screen than your phone/tablet allows. This will allow you to see more participants, read slides, and generally have a better experience.
- Note that you can only log into one device using your unique Zoom link.
- Be prepared to have your camera on. Don’t have a camera on your desktop computer? Amazon sells many webcams with built-in microphones in the $35 to $50 range. Easily connects via a USB cable.
- New to Zoom? Take a moment to download the application (onto the planned computer) before the event. Download “Zoom Client for Meetings”.
- The Event Dashboard will contain a digital agenda. The morning of the event, have it open on your computer so you can easily navigate to the networking sessions and then back again to the ‘main room’.
- Commit to participate to the entire day.
- Put your phone on vibrate/silent, and turn it over so you’re not distracted.
- Turn off other applications on your computer.
- Limit interruptions as much as possible (pets, children, etc).
- Print any available Presentation Notes ahead of time (will be emailed to you).
- Attend the Kickoff Event the night before, and the After Party after the event.
- Participate in the small group networking during the breaks.
- Most attendees will be a little nervous thinking about that first Zoom Breakout Room. Attendees don’t ‘break out’ on their own, our Virtual Event Design Coordinator does all the work. Everyone ends up loosening up and enjoying the Breakout Room experiences. Plan to participate! Don’t regret it later that you just didn’t feel like it.