If you have a question that is not covered in these FAQs, please email email@example.com.
We will continue to add to, and update these FAQs up to the event, so check back often!
- You agree to complete an Event Survey – a link will be emailed to you within 1 to 3 days after the event. The information will greatly help us to design the event for 2021.
- You agree that your image or comments may be used for future promotional purposes.
- View the complete Terms & Conditions here
Yes, time has been built in for this either during or after each presentation. Depending on the speaker, questions may be taken either live through the microphone, or via questions submitted via the Zoom Chat feature.
Yes, a 15-20 minute break is scheduled after every 60-minute session. Small group networking opportunities will be available. Quick 1-2 minute “Energizers” are also scheduled at the beginning of each session.
We know that traveling to a conference isn’t just about the great content, you want the possibility to make great connections too. This reception helps get the ball rolling there. Plus, if you feel a bit nervous about Zoom or aren’t familiar with all the features, then attending the Kick-Off is essential! Because on Friday night (and briefly again on Saturday morning), Robbie Samuels (our Virtual Event Design Consultant) will be there to go over all that so you can test out the features you’ll need to know to fully experience our event. And an important element for networking is going to be the way we use Zoom’s Breakout Rooms. You’ll get to experience this on Friday night so you’ll know what to expect. Also, this is the first time you can have some virtual “hallway” moments and make some new friends before we start on Saturday.
This year, we have contracted with virtual networking expert, Robbie Samuels. Robbie is a Virtual Event Design Consultant and will be with us for the entire event. He’ll be using Zoom Breakout Rooms to create small group discussions during the receptions, some sessions, and some breaks (so you can experience those serendipitous “hallway” moments). With his guidance, we planned an event that will avoid ‘Zoom Fatigue’ through a combination of highly relevant content and interactive sessions, plus lots of opportunities to network with fellow attendees.
Well, for one thing, during the After Party is when Bill/Notary Coach will draw the winner for the Grand Prize from the Prize Wheel!
It’s also where you can unwind and relax, and talk to some of your new friends and colleagues. We’ll set you up in small groups to network and talk about what you can’t wait to put into action to grow your business. Plus we will have sent you some fun (tangible) items in your Welcome Packet to help celebrate.
It will be shipped to you, many will ship directly from Amazon. Be sure that you have entered an accurate shipping address if different from your billing address when you purchase(ed) your ticket. This is the address that will be used. If you did not enter your accurate shipping address, email Kerri@KerriMarvelServices.com.
All attendee names will be preloaded into an electronic Prize Wheel. Several times throughout the day, Bill will choose a Prize, then spin the Prize Wheel. The winner will be declared there and then! Attendees can only win once.
Bill Soroka of Notary Coach, our Prize Sponsor, has offered up the following as our current working list. All are designed to help you run or grow your business.
Sign & Thrive, Lifetime Membership
SEO Course (First Page)
NNA Growth Bundle
Email Kerri@KerriMarvelServices.com stating you are unable to attend. Refund amounts as follows:
Up until we start to ship the Welcome Boxes (approximately the week of Oct 19), you will receive a full refund of price paid less a processing fee of $10. After Welcome Boxes have begun to ship, you will receive 50% of price paid.
All times are PT = Pacific Time
Doors open at 8:15 and we’ll start promptly at 8:30.
If you get there early, you’ll enter the ‘waiting room’ and can listen to the music while checking your Zoom link works, you changed your name (to First and Last Name, City, State) and just generally get settled in.
If you are a little nervous about using all the features of Zoom, we highly recommend participating in the Reception Kick-Off Zoom the night before. Robbie (our Virtual Event Design Consultant) will be there to show everyone the ropes, as well as it being a mixer to meet and greet!
(updated 4:30pm, Sept 21 – this may be updated again)
Each attendee will receive a unique Zoom link that is connected to their email address. Currently, we plan that attendees will receive their links several times, starting on Thursday, Nov 5, then again on Friday (day of the Welcome Reception-ALL are invited), and again early on Saturday morning.
The general event link will be on the digital agenda; we’ll send this to you at a later time. When you use the general event link you will need to verify your name and email to join the meeting (this is how you will return to the main room after our networking activities). All of this will be explained in greater detail during Friday night’s Welcome Reception.
Multiple tickets will not be sold as each attendee must provide their own unique email AND mailing addresses. Your unique Zoom link is tied to one specific email, one purchase per email address.
However, if you do purchase a ticket for someone else, be sure to enter their email, and their shipping address while completing the transaction; then advise Kerri Marvel via email to verify we have the information correctly. Thank you.
Use the Purchase link on the home page or just go to the Buy Tickets page, of this website and make your purchase using a credit card.
BE SURE when completing your purchase that you uncheck the box for different shipping address if applicable. The shipping address is what we’ll use for shipping your Welcome Packet, and any Prizes to Winners.
BE SURE you enter the email address you want all Symposium email communications about the event to go to, AS WELL AS where your unique Zoom link should be delivered for access to the event.
Sales are expected to end October 31, or until Sold Out.
- Join Zoom via a desktop or laptop computer instead of a phone or tablet, so that you have a bigger screen than your phone/tablet allows. This will allow you to see more participants, read slides, and generally have a better experience.
- Note that you can only log into one device using your unique Zoom link.
- Be prepared to have your camera on. Don’t have a camera on your desktop computer? Amazon sells many webcams with built-in microphones in the $35 to $50 range. Easily connects via a USB cable.
- New to Zoom? Take a moment to download the application (onto the planned computer) before the event. Download “Zoom Client for Meetings”.
- We will send you a digital agenda. The morning of the event, have it open on your computer so you can easily navigate to the networking sessions and then back again to the ‘main room’.
- Commit to participate to the entire day.
- Put your phone on vibrate/silent, and turn it over so you’re not distracted.
- Turn off other applications on your computer.
- Limit interruptions as much as possible (pets, children, etc).
- Print any available Presentation Notes ahead of time (will be emailed to you).
- Attend the Kickoff Reception the night before, and the After Party after the event.
- Participate in the small group networking during the breaks.
- During lunch, there will be an opportunity to network with others who live in your region. Plan what you’ll be having for lunch ahead of time so you can quickly jump into the conversation.